One of the largest retailers in Canada, with over 1,000 outlets and 19,000 employees.
The organization was building a mature integration practice with enterprise-scale technologies. Some of the challenges faced throughout this journey were:
• Absent a formal integration strategy, integration was ad-hoc.
• Lack of a structured enterprise-grade integration toolset that satisfies the business requirements for reliable and flexible business solutions.
• As a ‘green field’ for integration methodologies, processes, architecture framework, and guidelines were yet to be established.
• Problems with staffing the day-to- day operations and projects with skilled, high demand TIBCO resources.
• Providing scalable and stable operational environment able to sustain growing business needs.
Solution and Results
The company selected Groundswell based on our industry-leading integration practice in Western Canada. We began by providing our client with the definition of hardware/server requirements with capacity to support the initial pilot phase of TIBCO integration. We defined a platform which would support sustained growth for the organization and established integration processes including implementation, code and deployment reviews and support and onboarding processes.
Additionally, we provided an enterprise service business method of integration and integration design patterns. For several years now, Groundswell has been the ‘go-to’ partner for this organization. Together we have established a co-source arrangement within the context of an Integration Center of Excellence as a long- term model of service. This model gives Groundswell the responsibility to staff and run the TIBCO development and administration team, a group that has been successful in providing a responsive service of integration support, maintenance and administration while delivering major integration projects. The scope of the co-source has been expanded to include data analysis and integration stewardship, taking ownership of resolving day-to- day integration issues and continuous improvement of existing integration processes.
The key factors for success of this initiative were:
• Establishment of a robust integration environment, providing the organization with immediate access to data by supporting batch and real-time environments (i.e. supply chain transactions).
• Implementation of an integration architecture including ongoing governance provisions.
• Response to critical business needs for integration solutions through a structured service engagement model for support and administration requests adhering to an agreed-upon SLA (Service Level Agreement).
• Execution of successful integration projects, delivering scalable integration solutions that met business requirements within aggressive timelines.
Through this partnership, the major benefits obtained by our client are:
• Ability to deliver integration projects that meet business requirements and timelines.
• Reliable integration service delivery and operations through a co-source model.
• Self-sustained integration practice through an integration Centre of Excellence that includes an integration lead, architects, developers, and support.
• Access to a highly skilled resource pool at Groundswell, allowing flexible (on demand) resource management and service continuity.